1. Wear safety goggles labeled "ANSI Z87.1"
on the package. Do not wear regular glasses,
they are not safety glasses.
2. Wear snug fitting clothes, short sleeve
shirts and nonslip footwear. Cover up or tie
long hair. Do not wear loose, bag_ clothes,
gloves, neckties, rings, watches or any other
3. Wear adust mask, with your safety gog-
gles, if cutting operation is dusty.
4. Wear hearing protectors, ear plugs or
muffs, if you use the saw daily.
5. Keep good footing and balance. Don't over-
Work Area Safety
1. Keep children, pets and visitors out of the
2. Make the work area child proof. Remove
the yellow key from the red switch and place
it out of reach and sight. [x)ck work area.
3. Keep floors dry and free from sawdust, wax
or other slippery materials.
4. Keep work area clean, uncluttered and
5. Use the saw in a dry area. Do not use in
wet or damp area. Do not use outside.
6. Clear the table of all objects (adjusting
wrenches, tools, scraps of wood etc.) except
the workpiece to be cut, fixtures or clamps
before turning the saw on.
7. Do not do layout, assembly or setup work
on the table while the blade is turning.
8. Store items away from the saw. Do not
climb on the saw to reach items. Do not
stand on the table; the saw can tip over.
1. Keep guards and anti-kickback pawls in
place and in working order.
2. Check for broken or damaged parts before
using saw. A damaged guard or other saw
part should be checked for alignment, bind-
ing, breakage and correct mounting to make
sure they are working properly. Repair or
replace damaged guards or other saw parts.
3. Unplug saw before doing maintenance,
making adjustments, and changing blades and
4. Use clamps or vice to hold workpiece
when practical. It's safer than using your
hands and frees them to operate the saw.
5. Do not force the saw, saw blade or acces-
sories to do jobs they are not designed to do.
6. Make sure the yellow key is removed and
the red switch is in the off position before
plugging in the power cord.
7. Cut only wood, woodlike or plastic
materials. Do not cut metal materials.
8. Secure the saw to floor, wall, bench or
table if it slides, tips or walks during use.
9. Feed the workpiece against the direction
of rotation of the blade when ripping.
10. Turn the saw off before leaving work
area. Do not leave the saw until the blade
11. Lock the rip and miter locks before
moving the saw from one location to another.
12. Turn the saw off and remove yellow key if
the blade jams. Do not try to free a jammed
workpiece with the saw on.
13. Turn the saw off if it vibrates excessively
or makes an unfamiliar noise. Correct any
problems before restarting saw.