IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
To reducethe riskof severe injuryor death:
1. READAND FOLLOWALL WARNINGSAND
2. ALWAYSkeep remote controls out of reach of children.
NEVERpermit children to operate or play with garage
door control push buttons or remote controls.
3. ONLYactivate garage door when it can be seen clearly, it
is properly adjusted, and there are no obstructions to
4. ALWAYSkeep garagedoor in sight until completely
closed. NO ONESHOULDCROSSTHEPATHOFTHE
5. NO ONESHOULDGOUNDERA STOPPED,PARTIALLY
6. If possible, use emergency releasehandle to disengage
trolley ONLYwhen garage door is CLOSED.Weakor
broken springs or unbalanceddoor could result in an
open door failing rapidly and/or unexpectedly.
7. NEVERuse emergency release handle unlessgarage
doorway is clear of persons and obstructions.
8. NEVERuse handleto pull garage door open or closed. If
rope knot becomes untied, you could fall.
9. If one control (force or travel limits) is adjusted, the
other control mayalso needadjustment.
10. After ANY adjustments are made,the safety reversal
system MUST be tested.
11. Safety reversalsystem MUST betested every month.
Garagedoor MUST reverse on contact with 1-1/2"
(3.8 cm) high object (or a 2 x 4 laid flat) on the floor.
(see page3). An improperly balanced door may not
reversewhen required and could result in SEVERE
13. All repairs to cables, spring assemblies and other
hardware,all of which are under EXTREMEtension,
MUST be made by a trained door systems technician.
14. ALWAYSdisconnect electric power to garage door
opener BEFOREmaking any repairs or removing
Using Your Garage Door Opener
Your Security÷ _;opener and hand-held remote control
have been factory-set to a matching code which
changes with each use, randomly accessing over
100 billion new codes. Your opener will operate with
up to eight Security÷ '_ remote controls and one
Security÷ ® Keyless Entry System. If you purchase a
new remote, or if you wish to deactivate any remote,
follow the instructions in the Programming section.
Activate your opener with any of the following:
•The hand-held Remote Control: Hold the large
push button down until the door starts to move.
• The wall-mounted Door Control: Hold the push
button or bar down until the door starts to move.
• The Keyless Entry (See Accessories): If provided
with your garage door opener, it must be
programmed before use. See Programming.
When the opener is activated (with the safety
reversing sensor correctly installed and aligned)
1. If open, the door will close. If closed, it will open.
2. If closing, the door will reverse.
3. If opening, the door will stop.
4. If the door has been stopped in a partially open
position, it will close.
5. If obstructed while closing, the door will reverse. If
the obstruction interrupts the sensor beam, the
opener lights will blink for five seconds.
6. If obstructed while opening, the door will stop.
7. If fully open, the door will not close when the beam
is broken. The sensor has no effect in the opening
If the sensor is not installed, or is misaligned, the
door won't close from a hand-held remote. However,
you can close the door with the Door Control, the
Outside Keylock, or Keyless Entry, if you activate
them until down travel is complete. If you release
them too soon, the door will reverse.
The opener lights will turn on under the following
conditions: when the opener is initially plugged in;
when power is restored after interruption; when the
opener is activated.
They will turn off automatically after 4-1/2 minutes.
Bulb size is 75 watts maximum.