Completion Instructions For Notice Of Reduced Earnings, DE 2063 (DE 4209) De4209
User Manual: 2063
Open the PDF directly: View PDF .
Page Count: 2
COMPLETION INSTRUCTIONS FOR NOTICE OF REDUCED EARNINGS, DE 2063
This notice provides instructions on completing the Notice of Reduced Earnings, DE 2063.
A DE 2063 is prepared by you when a full-time employee becomes partially unemployed through no fault of
his/her own, and:
• The employee works less than normal full-time hours because of lack of work; and
• The employee’s normal weekly earnings are reduced by lack of work; and
• The employee’s gross earnings, after deducting the first $25 or 25 percent of the total earnings
(whichever is greater), are less than his/her weekly Unemployment Insurance benefit amount.
If you have a layoff and know that there will be no work for an employee for more than two weeks, or you
terminate an employee for any reason, do not issue a DE 2063. Instruct the employee to immediately contact
the Employment Development Department (EDD) at one of the toll-free telephone numbers listed on this form.
HOW TO OBTAIN THE NOTICE OF REDUCED EARNINGS, DE 2063
You may print the DE 2063 form directly from the Forms and Publications section of EDD’s home page at
www.edd.ca.gov or you may order DE 2063s by:
• Calling EDD's 24-hour automated call system at (916) 322-2835
• Faxing your orders to (916) 928-5910
• Mailing your request for forms to:
State of California
EDD Forms and Supply Warehouse
1733W Sports Drive, Suite A
Sacramento, CA 95834
NOTE: Employees should not return the completed NOTICE OF REDUCED EARNINGS, DE 2063 forms to
this address. If they do, it will delay payment of their UI benefits. Refer to the back of this form for the mailing
address that employees should use.
SEE REVERSE FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON COMPLETING AND ISSUING THE
NOTICE OF REDUCED EARNINGS, DE 2063.
DE 4209 Rev. 31 (3-15) (INTERNET) Page 1 of 2 CU
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING AND ISSUING THE NOTICE OF REDUCED EARNINGS, DE 2063
The DE 2063 must be completed and issued to the employee by the fifth day after the end of your payroll week.
You must complete the DE 2063 for the seven consecutive days that correspond to your payroll week. If you
pay your employees other than weekly, you must issue a DE 2063 for each calendar week. A calendar week as
defined by EDD begins at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday and ends the following Saturday at midnight.
1. Enter the employee’s full name and Social Security Number.
2. Complete the “Employer’s Statement for the Payroll Week Ending.” Enter the date your payroll week ends.
3. Complete items 1 through 4 under “Employer’s Statement.”
NOTE: All earnings are reportable. Include compensation such as vacation, holiday pay, idle time pay,
commissions, bonuses, board, lodging, or any other payment not paid by cash or check.
4. Complete the “Employers Certification,” with your company name, telephone number, address, signature
of employer or authorized representative, employer account number, and date issued to employee.
5. Give the completed DE 2063 to the employee and advise the employee of the following instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE EMPLOYEE:
The employee must submit a completed DE 2063 or contact an EDD office no later than 28 days from the
date the DE 2063 is issued in order to meet the time limits for filing the DE 2063. If the employee is unable
to meet the time limits for filing the DE 2063, advise the employee to contact EDD as soon as possible.
1. Instruct the employee to complete the “Claimant’s Statement” on the bottom of the form.
NOTE: A Spanish translation of the “Claimant’s Statement” is on the reverse side of the form. A Chinese
translation of the “Claimant’s Statement” is also available and is used as a guide when
completing the English version.
2. If the employee has established a claim over the last 12 months, instruct the employee to mail the
completed DE 2063 to the following address:
Employment Development Department
SoCal Consolidated UI Services Center
P.O. Box 19008
San Bernardino, CA 92423-9008
If the employee has not filed a claim in the past 12 months or is unsure, instruct the employee to call EDD
immediately and not to mail the form until instructed. The employee can contact EDD through one of the
following toll-free telephone numbers from 8 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday.
TTY (Non-Voice) 1-800-815-9387
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please call one of the toll-free telephone numbers
listed above from 8 a.m. to 12 noon, Monday through Friday.
DE 4209 Rev. 31 (3-15) (INTERNET) Page 2 of 2